PDA

View Full Version : Tubing Tool

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
07-21-2004, 04:27 PM
I am going to have to invest in a tubing tool and I want one tubing tool to be able to do everything with. Is the one handed tool which is $ 85 the best or the two handed tool which is $ 125.00. I have mapleman(3)'s tool now and I need to get it back to him and get one of my own.

Thanks for any and all suggestions you can give. :D

mapleman3
07-21-2004, 04:37 PM
I think the 2 handle one is the best.. but lots of $$, I didn't opt for that one since all my tubing is up and all I need is a repair tool. the 2 handle is a beauty though, makes it so much easier to cut in drops

themapleking
07-21-2004, 05:18 PM
I have'em both and use each of them alot. But with over 6000 ft of lines you need both.
The 2 handle is great for drops and repairing broken lines and splices. The plier style is great for end of line ring connections and connecting to the manifolds.
If your going to buy just one great the 2 handle tool it's more useful.

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
08-07-2004, 08:13 PM
Thanks to everyone for the help and suggestions on tubing tools. I took the plunge and bought a 2 handed tubing tool and it is awesome for installing drops. Sure makes it a ton faster have a cutter and tubing spreader built right in. Sure is worth the price of $ 125 bucks to me!

gearpump
08-08-2004, 09:39 AM
Brandon:

I just got back from a trip to VA and I took a side trip into Seneca WV, and Spruce Knob area. I now understand how much "fun" it must be for you to tap your trees! I also understand why you do not hang your tubing from support wires. Those hills definitly have my respect! All that "naturally" formed vacuume must help quite a bit. Just think of the health benefits if you used all buckets! or maybe not!

mapleman3
08-08-2004, 10:00 AM
think of the size his calf muscles would be, he'd look like popeye in the legs!! after seeing those hills myself, I can't imaging the Gas milage the cars get 8O

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
08-08-2004, 02:22 PM
I guess some of the places my tubing is probably has like a 50% grade. :lol: :lol: Just kidding but a lot of my tubing is on steep hills. As far as buckets, I am in good shape but I think you would be sending flowers to my wife if I had everything on buckets. :cry: :cry:

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
08-08-2004, 02:24 PM
Gearpump,

Wish I would have known you were down this way and we could have tried to hook up one day. Of course I am so far behind now, I am probably not going to get caught up, but what's another day! :lol: :lol: I may have put you to work building me a nice looking sugarhouse like you have.