PDA

View Full Version : tubing, 5,10,15 year, whats the difference

markct
11-17-2008, 08:25 PM
i happened to come across a site that listed 4 seasons tubing as 5,10 and 15 year, i assume this means the lifetime of it or warranty or something. how do ya know which is which, do they look different. when i had bought tubing i just bought blue 4 seasons tubing from bascoms cause everyone said thats about the best stuff. but now im worried what if i got 5 year tubing is it likely to fall apart in another 5 years or so? i sure dont wanna tube my woods every 5 years

maplwrks
11-18-2008, 06:32 AM
Mark,
You need to ask the dealer what the lifespan of the tubing is. Keep in mind that most of the fittings will start breaking in 8-10 years, so what good is 15 year tubing? Most of the larger producers only count on getting 10 years out of their tubing system.

maplecrest
11-18-2008, 09:26 AM
i just pulled us maple green out of the woods that i got 12 seasons out of, that was no way near the tubing they make now. i would say the 5 year will last ten. the fittings will fail first. but the five year needs more attention, you have to go back every so often and tighten the lines up. that 10 year blue, you will hang once and not have to touch it again unless you get a deer bite it a tree on it.the 15 is not worth the money because of the fitting life. but is nice to work with.