PDA

View Full Version : Zetor Zebra 2040

Toby
11-17-2008, 08:02 PM
Hey, I came across one of these little tractors and wondered if anyone else has seen or used one of them? It's a 25hp 4wd tractor. I cant find much information on them, and i'm wondering if any of you have any experience with them.....?

Toby
11-18-2008, 08:14 PM
Come on guys! No one has ever seen one? Used one? I was hoping to hear from someone with some experience with them before I bought it!

tuckermtn
11-19-2008, 04:26 AM
check out

http://tractorpoint.com/cgi-bin/tractorreview/fullThread.pl?parentnum=31566

or www.tractorbynet.com

gmcooper
11-19-2008, 08:32 AM
I have never used one but I will pass on the info I do know on Zetors.
A friend of ours had one about 60hp he used in the woods. only a couple years old and the wiring caught fire and burned up. They saved the tractor but needed all new wire harness. Ordered from the dealer and think it took a few weeks to come in. They paid an outragous price for a wireharness but said OK as they needed it. They opened the package and EVERY wire in the new harness was brown. It took them a couple days to get it going again as they had to trace every wire 1 at a time. Several sections came bundled in platsic conduit for protection and were taped as well. Lets say that they were not happy.

I wouldn't give much and I would see if there were any place near you to get parts.

Toby
11-19-2008, 11:05 PM
Wow not much out there on these little duffer eh? I found the links you posted when I googled Zebra 2040 and a couple of other pics, but not much helpful information. I've checked with the local zetor dealer and even he said that the zebra model isnt very common, I think his advice was "if you're gonna buy it, buy it really cheap, use it up and throw it out"

It's too bad, it's a nice small tractor and would work good around tubing.

Thanks for the info guys....let me know if you run into anything else!

Acer
11-20-2008, 04:28 AM
try tractorbynet lots of tractor stuff on the forum there.

Dean

Asian Long Horned Beetle
11-20-2008, 11:03 AM
we have a zetor 6340 4wd 66hp with loader. baught it new in 99 for $18,000 had a problom with the electric gauges not always working but nothing major. also had to change the cluch slave cylinder in the first year we had it. it has over 3,000 hours on it and it will do what ever a 4wd 66 hp tractor can do for a lot less $$$$. we have a ford 6600, 7000, 8600 and a john deere 4250. i feel like the zetor has just as strong a motor and the frame is also just as strong built as any of the new tractors out there.

lmathews
11-21-2008, 06:53 AM
I have a Zetor 16145 4wd 130 hp tractor.I have had it for 4 years.It is a 1989 and runs great.I do not plug it in or use either and on days at -10 it starts with ease.I have run them all and this tractor is equal to any of the name brands(JD).If I need any parts I have them in 3-4 days.I would not hesitate to buy another if needed one.
Lee

Mike
11-24-2008, 09:44 AM
My neighbor has a 85 hp one he bought 20+/- yrs ago. It runs good but will a 25 fill your needs down the road!! There are a lot of used kabotas and masseys on craigs list for sale.....I have a 53 hp massey.....Does every thing I need it to do.......I use it to pull a 600gal sap tank and use it to put in food plots at camp.....Just my 2 cents worth.....(I almost bought a Zetor)

Dill
11-25-2008, 02:43 PM
I knew I should have been looking here. I'm looking at a 7745 Zetor, and haven't been able to get feedback on most of my internet haunts.
Its good to hear that some parts are available.
I posted up on tractor by net, but couldn't find much.
It looks like the little Zetors where also sold under the Century and Branson name.
I'd just like to get a 4x4 without spending a fortune.

Dill
11-25-2008, 03:03 PM
Koti's are nice, but I need at least 55 hp, which knocks me out of the compact market. Koti are basically old Kubota. Just like Farmtrax are old Fords.

Dill
11-25-2008, 08:58 PM
What are you doing that you need a 55hp?? I have a 45 and have yet to find anything I can't do with it... Look in my Photobucket, loaded a 2000+ tank with it....
I have a fermi, and can skid almost a cord to a wack with the chains on...

I keep a tractor at my house in the fall-spring to plow snow and move wood. But in the summer it lives at my parents farm as a 3rd tractor/backup. We do about 10k of square bales and 500 round bales, also do some beef and dairy replacements. Just enough that we need 55-70 hp tractors. But not huge stuff. We have a 2 deere's a 2440 that's been on the farm 2 months longer than I've been there. And a 5410 4x4.
The 7745 is 66hp at the drawbar and 54 at the pto, so I could bale with it and it would porbably be better for moving round bales, then the IH 606 I have now.

tuckermtn
11-26-2008, 05:55 AM
to pigyback on what VVS is saying...I have a buddy who is a farmer- mostly hay related...he has two Deeres round 100hp, and a Kubota M8500 - around 85 hp. He says the balance and design of the Kubota allows it to do all- if not slightly more- than the Deeres...

Not knocking Deeres- just sometimes there are other factors that effect capacity to get stuff done rather than just HP...

my $.02 worth...

for shopping- check out

www.agdealer.com

or

www.tractorhouse.com