PDA

View Full Version : one-hand tubing fitting assembly

softmaple
11-11-2008, 05:52 PM
can someone here take a couple pictures of how to work the one-hand tubing fitting tool to show me how it works? ( how the spout sits in the u shape ) just so i get the sense why its built the way it is. i dont have one now but in the process of building one. a picture is worth a thousand words. thanks so much

Maple Hill Sugarhouse
11-11-2008, 06:34 PM
I don't have a single hander and find the 2 hander easier at installing taps in drops by holding it on edge side up with one sides vice grips closed tight and then clamp the 5/16 in the other side and hold the taps nipple lined up with the 5/16 tubing and then go for it.

In the woods if you carry just a 1 hander= it won't make straight splices on 2 pieces of 5/16 very well.

On the other hand if you get a Bow holster or make a U hook with an additional loop off the back side of the U=you can put your belt through it and then hang the 2 hander off it by the top bar and roll out tubing and then reach down and grab the 2 hander and make the last tree connection or what ever? Saves room in the pouch for fittings and not an extra tool.

The U holder also has a dual purpose as you can carry drops that need to be spliced into the lateral also.

MASSEY JACK
11-13-2008, 04:47 PM
I made a holster for my two hand tubing tool out of a 14" long piece of thin wall 6" pvc pipe. I jumped on it on the floor to make it oval shaped. I put a 2" wide by 8" strip across the bottom with rivets to hold the shape and prevent the tool from sliding out. I left a long tang on the top about 3 inches wide and cut two slots in it for my belt. I riveted a nylon strap with a quick clip on the bottom so I can tie it around my leg. It looks like a pistol holster. It puts the pliers right where I need them and it was cheap. I couldn't stand having it tied around my neck or in with the fittings.