PDA

View Full Version : what to do with free pan

06-30-2004, 12:37 PM
I was given a stainless steel pan from a fellow at church that used it for cooking corn over a fire pit at pig roast. He has stopped growing sweet corn and is cleaning out his barn. He is thrilled about my maple syrup addiction, I mean hobby. the pan is about one foot wide about five feet long and about a foot deep and in perfect shape. I know it can be used somehow just looking for some brainstorming. we used our new leader half pint last year and loved it. I am thinking that some how I can use this as a large pan as a preheater so I can tap even more trees and speed the process up. any ideas out there?

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
06-30-2004, 02:57 PM
You could hook up a small propane burner underneath it and if you kept it on a low heat setting and a 20 lb tank of propane would last for a significant amount of time and work as a good preheater.

You could also rig it up to work as a 2nd evaporator or set it up on a higher level than the half pint with a good burner system and set it up to partially cook down in the 1 x 5 and then feed it partially cook into the half pint.

Good luck with whatever you decide and let us know.