PDA

View Full Version : how far has your syrup gone?

firetech
10-03-2008, 12:06 PM
I see in a past thread that maple syrup has been sent to France ,Japan,and Iraq. I think I have a first, my son in law has taken two bottles to Antartica with him for his 7 month hitch on the bottm of the world. Hows that for a commute for work. He is an operating engineer (dirt doctor) that,s been unemployed for 16 months here in Michigan. He's the clown that got me into syrup. My wife misses him dearly??????????

ennismaple
10-03-2008, 12:18 PM
A few of the countries my syrup has been to are:

South Africa
Venezuela
Brazil
China
Russia
Ireland
Japan
Australia
Hong Kong
Georgia

I've always intended to get a map and put pins in every country where our syrup has been enjoyed!

mapleman3
10-03-2008, 02:45 PM
Australia, Dominican Republic, England, Germany,Vermont(they love mass syrup there ;) ) and many other states

peacemaker
10-03-2008, 03:38 PM
whales, costa rico ,italy

OGDENS SUGAR BUSH
10-03-2008, 03:50 PM
IRELAND, and many western states\

RICH

lpakiz
10-03-2008, 05:50 PM
Slovenia, (right under Austria and behind the knee of Italy, across the Adriatic).

mountainvan
10-03-2008, 06:33 PM
New Zealand, sold in a Christ Church store and used in a b + b as a special breakfast treat. Australia, Easter Island, Japan, China, S Korea, Thailand, India, Guam, Pakistan, Afganistan, Iran, Iraq, Qutar, UAE, Isreal, South Africa, Congo, Egypt, Saudia Arabia, Turkey, Spain, Italy, Russia, Potugal, Switzerland, Germany, Austria, France, Belgium, Luxemburg, Netherlands, England, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Poland, Ukraine, Estonia, Canada ( all provences), Mexico, Panama, Costa Rica, Peru, Columbia, Bolivia, Venuzela, Brazil, Albania, Bahamas, Jamaca, Scotland, Irerland, The Phillipines, Kuwait, Dominican Republic, Hungary, and all 50 states.

maple flats
10-03-2008, 06:34 PM
England, France and New Zealand

maple flats
10-03-2008, 06:35 PM
Oh, forgot, Iraq

Russell Lampron
10-03-2008, 06:37 PM
Sweden and Russia for foreign countries. Alaska, Hawaii, Texas, Florida California and some of the southern and mid western states that aren't quite as far away. It has also been to Maine and Massachusetts.

3% Solution
10-03-2008, 07:00 PM
Ok let's see ................

Countries,
England, Afganastan

States,
New Hampshire (of course), Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina, California, Washington DC, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Maryland, Connecticut, guess that's it!

That's pretty interesting!

tuckermtn
10-03-2008, 08:58 PM
I've got the market almost cornered in Rossland, British Columbia...American Maple Syrup selling well in Canada...

Valley View Sugarhouse
10-03-2008, 09:09 PM
does it count if my syrup is on a private jet that flies around the world a few times a yer??

RileySugarbush
10-04-2008, 12:47 AM
Ours gets around:

Barcelona, Spain
Toulouse and Hossegor, France
Woodchester, England
Tywardreath, Cornwall
Tokyo, Japan
Oslo, Norway
Yangon, Myanmar see reference in forth from last paragraph here:
http://www.awayawhile.com/stories/23.htm

In the states:Greensburg, Indiana; Long Island and Rochester NY; Damascus, Maryland; San Jose and Hollister, CA; Fort Collins, CO;

DaveB
10-04-2008, 07:22 AM
We've only been selling online for two years and have had some pretty far away sales. The furthest has been to Australia but we've also shipped some to Ireland and Germany.

Our maple syrup is used in restaurants on Cape Cod, New York City and is served at the Grand Canyon. I believe that we have shipped to about 25 states so far.

Dave

Big maple
10-04-2008, 05:46 PM
We sent a gallon of Crown to some of our buddies in plastic quart jugs. They enjoyed it. I don't know if that counts but, there it is.

gmcooper
10-10-2008, 07:25 PM
We have had some go to England, Germany, France, Austria, Russia, and Sweden( might have been Demark). Oh and also Canada and one of the carribean Islands.

michiganfarmer
01-26-2009, 01:29 PM
Ive had a customer take some to ireland. Thats about it though. I sell about a third of it to people in the western states.

3% Solution
01-26-2009, 03:34 PM
Let's add one more for us .............. Montana.

newman_maple
01-26-2009, 04:29 PM
My brother lives in Australia and takes several bottles with him when he visits. He tells me it is hard to find and very pricey in the stores. An old AF buddy in Colorado has me send him a bottle now and then as well. The rest is all local.

Bucket Head
01-26-2009, 04:42 PM
All four corner's- Maine, Florida, California, and Washington.

As for the greatest distance, that would be China.

It was purchased here and sent to a family member there.

And like they said, "Imagine that. Something made in the USA being sent to China!".

Unusual indeed.

Steve

maple flats
01-26-2009, 06:05 PM
I forgot another few. California, Oregon, Mississippi, Vermont and New Hampshire (That is where i sell my commercial stuff)

Russ
01-28-2009, 05:16 PM
Selling at Farmers Markets and at our parents' ice cream shoppe, we've had syrup go to most of the 50 states and every continent except Antarctica. We're still working on that one!

VA maple guy
02-03-2009, 11:41 PM
California, North Carlonia, Pennsylvania, Maryland, West Virginia,
The district Of Columbia, and Sweden
Gerry

evansglenn
02-04-2009, 01:00 AM
Well all of you guys got me beat...

I give most of my syrup away. I was excited to get a few bottles to South Dakota. Thats only 800 miles. Mine ain't even left the country yet... Oh wait, I had one go to Alaska. It might of landed in Canada somewhere along the way.

jason grossman
02-04-2009, 07:37 AM
our syrup has gone to almost all fifty states, germany, and guatamala