PDA

View Full Version : Maple Paintings

MyDeereMaple
08-16-2008, 08:46 PM
I am in the process of finishing a great room addition on my home and thinking ahead for some interior decorating. My wife and I are looking to finish this room somewhat rustic with outdoor accents. To exploit my hobby, I'd like to get some paintings or ideas that display sugaring. Last christmas my mom & dad gave me a print of a great painting called "sugartime", by Elizabeth Apgar-Smith. Does anybody have any rustic ideas that they have seen somewhere or know of any other artists that have painted portraits of sugaring? Any informaztion or links would be great.

forester1
08-17-2008, 06:43 AM
You can go to allposters.com and put in maple sugar or maple sugaring in the search block. There are a number of posters that come up that depict sugaring. I've bought a couple and had them framed locally.

Grade "A"
08-17-2008, 07:05 AM
You can also take a picture of your sugarhouse that you like and send it to a place like www.CanvasOnDemand.com and they make it look like a oil painting any size you want. I had a picture done and it looked great, like someone painted it. I can't remember if it was this company or not but there are many online companys that do this. Just a thought

softmaple
08-17-2008, 07:17 PM
look for grandma moses prints or even Will Moses. they painted many sugar scenes and i think her great grandson is a member here.

maplehound
08-17-2008, 07:51 PM
my father and I seen a bucket turned into a light at a resteraunt in New york. We made a couple and I have one hanging in my dining room.
It is made from a galvinized bucket and then we found a large maple leaf for a pattern, and drew it on the sides between the seems. Some will have 2 leaves and some 3 depending on the number of seems. Then take a small drill bit and drill holes around the pattern leaving a small space between the holes. Then drill a hole in the bottom of the bucket for the light fixture to be attached. Hang bucket upside down from the ceiling by a chain. light can be hard wired in to a box or you can run the chain over to a wall and down to a plug with the wire woven through it.
They look great and are a good way to use those old lead galvinized buckets.

VT maple maker
09-21-2008, 01:48 AM
Fred Swan of Vermont did a painting he calls "boiling time" its a good looking painting. I have it up in my living room.

Kyle

Father & Son
09-23-2008, 07:14 AM
2 years ago for Christmas my wife took a digital picture of my sugarhouse to the website www.LaserEngravedMemories.com and created the plaque she wanted. You can choose the size and type of plaque, you can add text and all kinds of stuff. Turned out very nice.

Jim

cncaboose
12-30-2008, 06:09 PM
My wife got me a print of a painting by Persis Weirs titled "Sugaring Off" for Christmas. Really nice. Check it out at wildwings.com . Search for the title and it should come right up.

Fred Henderson
12-30-2008, 08:20 PM
My wife got me a print of a painting by Persis Weirs titled "Sugaring Off" for Christmas. Really nice. Check it out at wildwings.com . Search for the title and it should come right up.

Very nice pic Ian. Happy new year to you and the mrs.

TapME
12-30-2008, 09:13 PM
Amazon has some prints in there maple section along with some good reading.