PDA

View Full Version : 5/16" tubing

Seguin Sugarbush
08-08-2008, 08:16 AM
We are new to tubing and vaccum.We Installed 4000 taps last year and had some succes with it.We are now planning our next phase for 08/09.Has anyone out there had any problems with Lapierre or D&G or Lamb tubing.Last season we went with IPL 4 season tubing.We have heard all sort of claims how some tubing will last longer than others.They are all eager to sell.Looking for some feedback from those who have experienced it.We also washed our lines with vacuum and isopropyl alchool and so far so good,nothing growing yet.

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
08-08-2008, 12:11 PM
I had a lot of problems with the blue Lappierre tubing this year and it completely blocked itself in numerous places with large chunks of bacteria to the point the sap couldn't even flow thru it. It was almost new and Lappierre apparently wouldn't stand behind it. I would assume the problem is a result of it being rough on the inside which I have heard is a problem they have their tubing. I would stay away from it unless you want to be replacing a bunch of it at your time and cost.

halfast tapper
08-10-2008, 07:22 AM
I like leaders 30p rigid tubing. I have some that has been up for almost 12 years and it looks like it did the day I put it up.

Maplewalnut
08-11-2008, 08:10 AM
I am interested in this also. 75% of mine however will be taken down each year. Has anyone tried leaders memory flex? More expensive but I am thinking it may be worth it to coil it up every year for storage.

brookledge
08-11-2008, 05:30 PM
If you are planning on taking down alot and having to coil it then I'd recommend you go with semi rigid. It will be alittle less prone to kinking. Although I do coil some 30P and it works ok.
Keith