PDA

View Full Version : Wegmans supermarket out of syrup

Maplewalnut
08-04-2008, 07:55 AM
My wife had two new customers buy syrup this weekend that both commented that they usually get theirs at Wegmans but the store manager told them Wegmans could not get anymore because of a 'bad season up north' Wegmans is an upscale type supermarket that I believe is up around Syrucuse and Rochester Ny but not any further. Their big in Pa, Md and Va.

Interesting. Couldn't get anymore or bulk price too high?

MaplePancakeMan
08-04-2008, 10:40 AM
There is one in Binghamton that i know of.

I was in hannaford's and their pint prices was $8.50. Now just about 4 months later their price is $12.49 for that same pint! I started out 50 cents higher and am now 3.50 cheaper

At the healthfood's store i sell to their other prices of syrup have gone up astronomically too. The organic quart is $48!!!

Gary R
08-04-2008, 12:08 PM
Wegman's was started in Rochester NY. They are a regional chain now. A very nice store to shop in.

I hope you guy's now get some new long term customer's and make a profit at this:)

802maple
08-04-2008, 06:21 PM
That is mostly due to that you haven't kept up with bulk pricies. With bulk going up over 50 percent their retail prices have got to also reflect that.

There is one in Binghamton that i know of.

I was in hannaford's and their pint prices was $8.50. Now just about 4 months later their price is $12.49 for that same pint! I started out 50 cents higher and am now 3.50 cheaper

At the healthfood's store i sell to their other prices of syrup have gone up astronomically too. The organic quart is $48!!!

DaveB
08-04-2008, 06:36 PM
I was commenting in the 'bulk prices' post that with the bulk buyer/packers having to pay so much and the super markets going up on their prices that a lot of people are looking for local producers. Where I live there aren't too many of us and so we are selling real good at the farmer markets. I'm average about $6/pound selling retail and it is still cheap for public to buy.

Dave