PDA

View Full Version : "J" Hook?

Maplewalnut
07-30-2008, 01:02 PM
In reading past posts people have mentioned a J hook for an end tree connector that allows for easy tubing take down year in and year out. My laterals will not be long and since they cross ATV/snowmobile trails I plan on taking them down each year leaving only the mainline. Can someone point me in the right direction or comment on what end fastener system would facilitate easy removal without cutting out connectors each year.

Thanks Mike

Valley View Sugarhouse
07-30-2008, 03:27 PM
I have a few such lines, I do not remove them completely, rather just roll them back to the main line.. I have used leader end line rings with a small j hook in the tree, instead of looping the tree, i hook the end line ring on the j hook, has worked well for me..

Andy

royalmaple
07-30-2008, 05:56 PM
I know that lapierre has a fitting that you use on the end tap on a latteral, acts like an end line ring, drop all in one and you just unclip it and can disconnect the latteral. I think they are in the 50 cent range. Maple guys should have them in stock.

PATheron
07-30-2008, 07:05 PM
I use the cdl version and it works great. Its called a 5/16 end of line hook and it works great. You just unclip it and you can take the lat right down. They are .42 in the cataloge. You can get them from Richard Patterson if you dont have a local dealer. Hes got a website. Theron

halfast tapper
07-31-2008, 06:02 PM
They make a quick coupler straigt connector for your tubing. I have not used them but I think would be ok , unless they leak under vaccum.

Brian Ryther
07-31-2008, 07:59 PM
I used the 5/16 quick disconnect where a lateral crossed a service road. I was happy with it's performance. I have to disconnect it whenever I collect. It is always a good test of the vac. When you disconnect them they will suck air if the system is working well. Better then pulling a tap out of a tree to check for vac.

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
07-31-2008, 09:00 PM
Wrap them with a little electrical tape tape to ensure they don't come apart as I have had it to happen a time or two when I used to use them.

Maplewalnut
08-01-2008, 06:23 AM
Thanks everyone. Won't be on vacuum this year but after last years icy rain that followed every late snowstorm last year, I am getting tired of collecting that far back in woods one bucket at a time! Tubing is a go!