PDA

View Full Version : atlantic fluids liquid ring pump

thunder mountain maple
07-29-2008, 05:10 PM
I was wondering if any one has or is using a atlantic fluids liquid ring pump with a mechanical releaser? And does it work?

brookledge
07-29-2008, 06:54 PM
Thunder Mt.
Contact Royalmaple
Keith

maplwrks
07-29-2008, 07:03 PM
I have an AO15 Atlantic Fluids pump and I use it with a Lapierre double verticle releaser. Glen Goodrich was concerned that it may not work with the releaser, but mine worked fine. I would strongly suggest that anyone using that small of a pump, install a vacuum tank near the releaser to take"bumps" out of the line when the releaser dumps from one side to the other. What I mean by this is the vacuum level will drop approx. 1" each time it dumps. I saw your pump at Maplerama, you should have no problems with the setup that you have there.
On a side note, I was very impressed with your maple operation---You should be proud of what you have done there!! I would suggest to any one wanting to see a top shelf sugarhouse to give Thunder a call to tour this fine facility. It's pretty amazing what you have done with an old cow barn. I only wish I lived closer to you so that I could come over when you are boiling!!!
Mike

Valley View Sugarhouse
07-29-2008, 08:05 PM
Man it is so great to have a site where whenever you have a question about something, there is someone out there with a answer!!! Makes for alot less costly mistakes, and a more productive season by all... It also amazes me how no matter how big, small, old, or new a operation is we all seem to find a way to help eachother, and enjoy something every one else does... Thanks guys!!

Andy

thunder mountain maple
07-30-2008, 04:42 AM
Thanks maplwrks

thunder mountain maple
07-30-2008, 04:55 AM
Thanks maplwrks
that is what we were concerned about is when the releaser dumps and then re vacuates. I really like this pump just trying to get all the bugs worked out of it. We are getting great vaccum 27''. Stop in any time.

Thanks Anthony

maplwrks
07-30-2008, 05:52 AM
I think your pump is a 65cfm?? I don't thimk you will have a problem. Mine is only 15 cfm, and takes a little longer to recover. If I had a vacuum tank in there, it wouldn't be as noticable a drop in vacuum.

thunder mountain maple
07-30-2008, 01:59 PM
Our pump is 130 cfm.

Haynes Forest Products
07-30-2008, 06:17 PM
Boy I sure would like to see a picture of that 130 CFM pump How many wheels on that rig? Lets see rule of thumb 100 taps per 1CFM 130 CFM thats 13,000 taps I think you could start selling vacuum to the neighbors.

thunder mountain maple
07-30-2008, 07:12 PM
You can never have to much vaccum right now we have 4700 taps but in a few year we could have double that. You can see a picture in the leader catalog. But the cheapest place to buy the pump is from goodrichs maple.

PATheron
07-30-2008, 07:22 PM
Anthony- Do you have any trouble keeping it cool on warmer days? Is it basically the same as our smaller pumps you just run more coolant in the tank? Theron

thunder mountain maple
07-31-2008, 12:43 AM
We just put the pump in have only ran it to test it. but it was 80 and humid and we kept it cool.

royalmaple
07-31-2008, 05:54 AM
Think again.