PDA

View Full Version : The Sweetest Run

White Barn Farm
07-24-2008, 09:51 PM
After watching the season finale of The Deadliest Catch maybe we could talk the Discovery Channel into sending film crews out to follow a sap season in full swing. We could call it The Sweetest Run and cover six sugar houses throughout the season. Maybe not as many near death experiences but catastrophes such as tanks overflowing, line damage, wood shortage, warm days, sleepless nights and mud. Lots of mud!!! Who knew crab fishing could hold an audience, maple sure tastes better. Any takers?

royalmaple
07-25-2008, 05:46 AM
Great idea!

I'm in.

The last show would be funny when they did the tally's and figured out what each person made. And it was like 35 cents an hour. Not quite the glory of 50K in a couple of weeks.

It would be funny to hear them hype it up. Disaster strikes next week when a sap line fitting blows out and nearly kills someone.

Jeff E
07-25-2008, 11:50 AM
I can see it combining the best of these real reality shows...
some 'Dirtiest Job'-speaking of mud, fixing/collecting by headlamp
some 'How its Made'-take sap, add heat, a rather short episode.
some 'Myth Busters'-NO ADDED INGREDIENTS?!?!?!

And of course, we all could contribute to the 'Funniest Home Video' segment.

Now for the not so real reality show twist, I suggest a take off on 'The Bachelor'--A bunch of models running around emptying buckets and bags trying to impress the old sap house Lord.

VT maple maker
07-25-2008, 01:43 PM
Great idea. I dont know if a series would last long, maybe. I always thought that it would be cool if the history channel did a 1 hour segment about the history and process of maple from the early days to the modern day high tech operation. And like you guys said use different producers in the show. Show some of the most low-tech sugaring outfits all the way up to the big guys. I think either way if someone did something like that a lot of people in the states and elsewhere would understand what its all about and maybe sales would take off even better. There are still lots of people out there that think syrup comes right out of the tree.

Kyle

Jim Brown
07-25-2008, 06:30 PM
The biggest problem we deal with is "syurp comes from WAL MART and is called 'AUNT JEMIMA' OR LOG CABIN".

No a clue were it comes from.

Jim

Uncle Tucker
07-26-2008, 09:33 AM
I always wanted to call Dirtiest Jobs and let Mike clean my evaporater.

peacemaker
07-26-2008, 02:13 PM
after u let sap set in it for 3 weeks