PDA

View Full Version : Vacation

briduhunt
07-11-2008, 11:42 AM
I know now that the maple fever has gone past a fever and into a disease. I just planned my fall vacation to Vt. in the Rutland area, near Leader. I even made sure my vacation time was scheduled around the regular business hours. I plan on picking up a few items that I need and also to look at any used 2 x 6 evaporators.
I just finished digging out my foundation for my new sugar shack and have purchased a good amount of the needed lumber for the project. I hope to have this completed by end of Sept.
And to think I started out 2 years ago with one turkey fryer making 3/4 of a gallon to this year and 2 turkey fryers and making 5 1/2 gallons and want to be able to make at least 20 gallons next year. And this is just a hobby from my two jobs. Go figure.

Brian

Valley View Sugarhouse
07-11-2008, 11:55 AM
lol welcome to the disease known as the maple bug... I started 6 years ago on a turkey fryer and it has all gone to hell from there... If you decide to go to Goodrich's in Cabot, let me know I will show you around my place, I am between Rutland and Cabot..

Andy

Dennis H.
07-11-2008, 08:58 PM
Brian I know what you are talking about!

I tried to get my wife to agree to a vacation up to the new england area but I couldn't sell her on it. I think she knew the true reason why I wanted to go up there.

H. Walker
07-11-2008, 09:05 PM
What is this "Vacation" thing that you speak of??

fred
07-11-2008, 09:45 PM
i dont know about a vacation buuuutttt on my honeymoon we went to new england and visited about 40 sugar houses for the new sugarhouse i built. got some good ideas

Dennis H.
07-12-2008, 08:48 AM
A vacation is that rare thing that you try to squeeze in between the 1,000 other things that you must get done only to have an additonal 1,000 things to do when you get back.:rolleyes:

maplecrest
07-12-2008, 12:18 PM
i plan my vacations around maple fest in st albans, maplerama ect. this year i feel to busy to go to maplerama but in order to trade thermos i guess i am going.makes for a great time and a lot of money spent on new equipment.