PDA

View Full Version : Natural Gas Burner

NYMaple
07-10-2008, 08:49 AM
Hello everyone!

Well, I am starting early for next maple season --- which will be my first maple season! I was just plain unprepared for last season!

Anyhow, I am putting together an evaporator to run on natural gas. I can't seem to find any burners that aren't the round, turkey frier style burners.

I suppose (and please let me know if I am wrong!) that a more evenly distributed flame under the pans would be best, rather than a round, more concentrated flame.

As far as the evaporator, I am welding up two pans... a 4 x 2 evap pan, and a 2 x 2 finishing pan.

Any help on some long, bar style, natural gas burners?

Thanks!

Valley View Sugarhouse
07-10-2008, 09:15 AM
Can't you run Natural through a gas grill burner with the correct regulator and orface??

Thompson's Tree Farm
07-10-2008, 10:38 AM
I believe that most gas fired equipment can use either propane or natural gas simply by changing the regulator and orifice. Talk to dome appliance dealers or those that sell bottled gas. Our first propane fired finishing pan was homemade utilizing burners from some ovens (long and narrow) and hot water heaters (square and very intense heat). It worked well but the 2 types of burners meant that boil intensity varied throughout the pan. Good Luck!

WF MASON
07-10-2008, 08:20 PM
If you check with the lobster man on here , he bought his evaporator in PA. and it was used with a natural gas burner, he put the grates in and went to wood. He had mentioned selling the burner in the past.