PDA

View Full Version : dry line/sap ladder question

Thompson's Tree Farm
06-25-2008, 04:26 AM
I am setting up a series of sap ladders to lift sap out of a remote area. There will be a series of 4 ladders that will lift sap a total of 25 feet. Total distance to the furthest ladder will be about 2000 feet. Taps to be lifted at that point are about 50. I know that I need to maximize vacuum at the top of each ladder. Can I boost vacuum at the top of each of the series of ladders with a dry line or would vacuum boosters further out compromise the effectiveness of the ladders closer to the releaser? I have read lots of the old threads and am just not clear on this.
Thanks, Doug

maplecrest
06-25-2008, 06:27 AM
you can wet dry to the first ladder from the releaser with no problem, but as i asked and thought in past posts how would you boost the rest on the line with out lowering the lifts drawing suction. and get higher vac levels in the woods, knowing that all the vac goes thru the ladder.

Thompson's Tree Farm
06-25-2008, 07:03 AM
Yes, exactly my quandary. At this point, I am planning on running the dry line to the first ladder where there will be about 200 taps lifted. I intend to use at least inch wet line beyond that and might even go a bit bigger to maximize the vacuum that can be transfered in the wet line. First ladder is about 1000 ft from the releaser.

Maple Hill Sugarhouse
09-05-2008, 07:34 PM
post edited