PDA

View Full Version : Going to school

maple flats
06-23-2008, 06:05 AM
Today I have 4 presentations at a grade school about maple. This is always a good time, it is the third year I have done it. I get 4 sessions, 2 for grades 1-3 and 2 for grades 4-6, each one 30 minutes long. For the first time I have a short video to show which I hope makes it faster because I usually end up wishing I had another half hour to talk. My hope is that the video will answer more of the questions I usually get that it will raise. At the end I give a sample and a coloring book to each student. The school pays my actual cost for the coloring books, I do not charge for the syrup even thou the school offers to pay for that too. I really have a lot of fun doing this.
Dave

VtSugarhouse
06-29-2008, 07:47 AM
Dave,
Have you seen the CD which is out in Vermont on making maple syrup?
This is about a 10 min CD which might help you and is very educational.
I Believe Mary Croft of the Vermont Sugarmakers Association has them for sale. If you go to the VMSMA web site you can find her address there.
Just a thought.

maple flats
06-30-2008, 05:55 AM
I'll check it out. My video was good but a different one might be better. Do you think a Vermont video will say that NY makes the best maple syrup in the world? Ha!
Dave

Valley View Sugarhouse
06-30-2008, 08:05 AM
I can Guarantee that the VT video Talks up NY syrup, no need to proof watch it, just take it to you biggest audience and let it fly...

maple flats
07-01-2008, 01:15 PM
Why do I doubt you? I guess I MUST be a pesimist (is that spelled right?) I should have known that Vermont would tell the truth and not even questioned it. Sorry, my appologies to you guys from Vermont.