PDA

View Full Version : Any one have a 350 case dozer I need help?

Maple Restoration
06-13-2008, 09:25 AM
I was up in the bush last knight with the dozer, cleaning up after the last windstorm we had and slid it over a stump and flipped the track off the drive sprocket. Just wondering what the easiest way to fix it.

Any info would be great.

Thanks

firetech
06-13-2008, 11:47 AM
Hey Mike I'll contact the son in law as he restore old IH trac tractors (counted 12 at his place last week) I'm sure he can give you some direction.

Maple Restoration
06-13-2008, 11:49 AM
Thanks any pointers would be great.

Fred Henderson
06-13-2008, 12:00 PM
Take the grease fitting out of the front bullwheel and that will give you some slack to get the track back on. You may have to hook a comealong to it to pull it back. That will force the grease out. WHen you get the track back on put the fitting back in and fill it with grease until you get it tight enough. You might have to run the track back and fourth to get the right amount of grease in it.

fred
06-13-2008, 12:04 PM
freds right that will be alot easier than taking the track apart

Maple Restoration
06-13-2008, 01:00 PM
Lets hope it's that simple, I have had the dozer for the last 7 years but this is the first time i ever slipped a track.

802maple
06-13-2008, 02:15 PM
As Fred said just relax the adjuster. We used to have 350 and it needed to be repinned and rebushed and it fell off quite often. I would just put a block of wood under the rear and lift the front with the blade. That way the dozer would be lifted completely off the ground. I would then take a crowbar and start it on to the rear sprocket from the top and then very gently put it in reverse and ever so slowly rotate it right back on. Adjust it and it would be ready to go.

Maple Restoration
06-13-2008, 03:36 PM
Thanks every one for the advice I’m just about done work and ready to head home. All this info will make it much faster to fix it. Then I can get back to cleaning up the mess mother nature left, the only good thing was that she messed up the bucket end of my bush and the gravity section is perfectly fine not a branch out of place.

Grade "A"
06-13-2008, 06:28 PM
We have a 850 case that we never have lost a track off from but we do lose 1 or 2 tracks a year on our excavators. We put them on the same way, let out the grease, hook 2 comealongs and put bars in the sprocket to help the chain to get on top of it. The best help I can give you is when you are so mad that you want to cut it all up into small parts, walk away and come back in 5 minutes and most of the time it will just about fall on. Good Luck

OGDENS SUGAR BUSH
06-13-2008, 07:40 PM
keep the tracks tight and they wont come off. if you are out of track adjustment it time for pins and bushings and sprockets
RICH

Maple Restoration
06-16-2008, 07:02 AM
Thanks every one for your tips followed your advice and in less then an hour it was back up and running. There is always something new to learn.