PDA

View Full Version : Grants For Getting An Ro?

MERIDIAN MAPLES
06-05-2008, 07:35 AM
Has anyone heard of grant money available for buying RO's? I was told by one person that grants are available because of energy conservation.

Valley View Sugarhouse
06-05-2008, 07:52 AM
try this web site, you also mite want to contact the state ag agency where your operation is...

http://www.rurdev.usda.gov/rbs/farmbill/

maplecrest
06-05-2008, 12:42 PM
if you decide to go that route, have a pro grant writer help you or if you think you can do it. i made the mistake of not haveing a pro write mine. i was declined after all that work.

maple flats
06-05-2008, 08:22 PM
I received a questionare in the mail from our state maple org. asking if I would add vac if grants were available, I said yes. They said they will notify if this grant becomes available. This is all i know about these grants.

Thompson's Tree Farm
06-06-2008, 04:57 AM
I filled out a State Association Questionaire too. I called the State office in early May to inquire about the time line. Thy said they expect an answer by Early June and they would let me know from there. I also checked at the Farm Service Agency concerning energy conservation grants. Deadline for applications was May 2nd or something so I was too late for that. I'd like to know soon as it will affect my decision making.

Brian
08-28-2008, 06:19 PM
I just got the usda grant. It is alot of paper work. They say it will take you 40 hrs to do the paper work, but Ithink it took 80 hrs. You have to get this dunns number that asks your ss number, checking account number, and if you accidently give false information it will tell you it is wrong, so if they know, why ask for the info. You also have to go a federal bank and be pre-approved for the whole amount of the project and verify this with them with receipts from the vendor where you're buying the equipment. The grant will pay back 25% of the total cost once the project is complete and inspected.

maplecrest
08-29-2008, 06:17 AM
as i stated earlier, i went thru the whole process and be prepared to put more than 80 hours. the bank work was many trips, they do not understand how this process works. as i said if you plan on writing this have a pro grant writer proof read it before you send it in. i put in a lt of time and work plus about 500 dollars in gas, phone calls, fees, ect. it is a big scavenger hunt with a limited return

WF MASON
09-03-2008, 03:54 AM
I have a customer over in Jackson NH who went through the process last spring , he said he and the wife had over 80 hours of time in the paperwork and banking, quotes ect. And they still rejected it in Corcord, he said in that time they wasted he could have had logs out, loaded and sold and made way more then the grant was worth. NewEnglanders don't like jumping through hoops. Don't waste your time.