PDA

View Full Version : DeLaval 76

Mike
05-12-2008, 06:55 AM
I have a delaval 76 and I took it apart yesterday and the bearings look good and don'y have any play in them and the vanes look ok...My question is what does a bad vane look like??? Mine area about 2" wide about 6" long and about 3/8 thick.......... Does this sound like the vanes are OK?????? Thanks.......Mike

Maple Hill Sugarhouse
05-12-2008, 07:53 AM
post edited

Haynes Forest Products
05-12-2008, 08:10 AM
Look inside at the cast iron surface does it have a cross hatch pattern from when it was machined? If the pump has been maintained and not run without oil it should not have scratches or grooves warn into the cylinder or the vanes. Are the vanes tight in the drum? Its like a car engine that has been torn down for rebuild if the cylinders are all shiney and scored then you know the pistons are shot. If the vanes are worn out then you know the barrel of the pump is warn down also. The DeLaval I had the vanes were flat on the mating surface with a slight angle with no visable grooves or scratches.

maplecrest
05-12-2008, 09:03 AM
you are already this far put new ones in and replace the bearings while you are at it. and be done with it. cheep insurance.

Mike
05-12-2008, 09:27 AM
Thanks for the info guys.....How many taps do you think this will be good for with a 5.5 honda motor on it???

maplecrest
05-12-2008, 01:17 PM
with a good tight system 2000. i sold an electric 3 hp, 76 with a reclaimer i put on brand new and put in new bearings and vanes. he has 2500 on it and says he is holding 22 inches of vac in the woods with no problems.