PDA

View Full Version : Glass Syrup Bottles

tyrod2
04-29-2008, 07:20 PM
Does anybody know the nearest place to buy 8oz. Glass syrup bottles with the little handles? I need about 50 cases for next year and I do not want to drive a long way to get them. I live between Columbas and Dayton. Ohio. Thank You

VtSugarhouse
04-29-2008, 07:40 PM
I would try Burch Bottles www.burchbottle.com not sure if they have what you want but there prices are usually pretty good.

MaplePancakeMan
04-29-2008, 08:13 PM
abcontainer.com has them. and shipping is relatively decent in price. Although i understand that you would rather go get them. But you can get a freight carrier to take them for cheaper than UPS. I buy from them on occasion.

maplehound
04-29-2008, 08:23 PM
Great site!!!!!!!! With the price of bottles going up from our local dealers I just might have to give them a try.

Toblerone
07-25-2008, 10:41 PM
I know this is an old thread, but maybe you guys are still interested...

We got a quote a few months ago from Cincinnati Container ( http://www.cincinnaticontainer.com/ ) at their Columbus location. I don't remember what the exact price was but I think it was around $5 a case... but, since it's not a stock item, we'd have to buy an entire pallet which was way too much for us.

Give them a try, maybe you'll have better luck than we did. Or maybe you'd like to go in on a pallet? I think it might have been 144 cases per pallet but I could be wrong. In any case 50 would probably be the max that we could afford (I don't run the money side of things).

Dave

Homestead Maple
07-26-2008, 09:01 PM
Out of curiosity, I checked out some of the glass sites that were posted here and I was surprised at their prices. Real reasonable. They don't carry all the items some maple dealers do but their prices are sure better than the maple dealers.

jimandchuck
07-27-2008, 05:27 PM
Other than the large syrup distributors would one know if any container company that sells the maple leafs?

emo
02-10-2009, 04:06 PM
I got containers to collect sap for this from Container and Packaging on the Internet. They have plastic and glass containers in a variety of sizes with lids.

http://containerandpackaging.com/

Mackdaddy
02-10-2009, 09:28 PM
I live just outside of Columbus and am a Leader dealer. I carry the 8 oz and 12 oz cruet w/handle. Let me know if I can be of any help.

Mackdaddy
02-10-2009, 09:29 PM
Might also mention that I also carry the labels for glass and have the option for personalization if anyone is interested.

KenWP
02-10-2009, 09:51 PM
When filling glass do the caps seal the same as the plastic jugs.

Buckeye mapler
02-10-2009, 10:26 PM
We are looking at other options for bottling because dealer prices are a bit steep compared to some of the distributors that have been mentioned on here. It is nice to have a local person though.

johnallin
02-12-2009, 08:10 PM
I have used the 8 oz bottles for two years now and yes they do seal very nicely. The ones I use have a tamper proof type of ring on the bottom of the cap, only goes on once, with the cap and will split off once the cap is removed. I buy them from Richards in Chardon.

Haynes Forest Products
02-12-2009, 11:49 PM
Glass bottles cap better than plastic jugs they dont cross thread. Plus they dont look crooked when there done. In Wisconsin all bottles for retail have to have the safty ring plastic cap to prove it hasen't been tamperd with. I dont think they sell the shrink rings anymore.