PDA

View Full Version : pics-homemade stainless round bottom tank

markct
04-28-2008, 08:00 PM
i recently got a 150 gallon round bottom milk tank that had its outer steel shell rusted out so bad that one of the legs had pushed in and the insulation was all a mess, well of course the stainless inner part was in perfect shape so i cut the outer steel skin about 3 inches below where it joined to the stainless and removed the whole stainless part, then made up a stand with pipe for skids on the bottom, it worked out pretty good and looks somewhat presentable after a coat of green paint on the frame. the second picture is just a picture of the outer steel shell that was pretty well shot

Sugarmaker
04-28-2008, 08:02 PM
Who says you can't make something outa nothin!

Nice work!

Chris

Haynes Forest Products
04-28-2008, 08:36 PM
I have 2 tanks that look like hell on the outside but are as clean as can be on the inside and I still have them. Now I used to have the most beautiful round 5oo gallon tank stainless inside and out and the liner of a tank like that and thieves stole them both. Cop said it been happening. I figure they got about 800.00 in scrap and the scrap dealers in Green Bay said that by the time they get it they dont know what it was. So may 250.00 tank I got 6 years ago fetched a good price.............just not by me. cement it down it looks great

markct
04-28-2008, 08:52 PM
yea theft has been a bit of a concern to me too the way scrap has been going, i plan to keep this one near the end of our driveway where the tubing runs to. i will find something cheaper and probably plastic or atleast alor heavier and harder to steal for the ones further away, and regardless i plan to chain it to a tree!