PDA

View Full Version : Your Opinion Please.

Justin Turco
04-27-2008, 08:53 PM
I am looking at a Springtech "Mini" Elite RO. (Not a Micro Elite like they sell now.) The pump and Membrane have one season on them. This unit is rated at 125 gph. Friend of the family has it. He'd like to get 4000 for it. It may prove to be a little small for my needs in the future. But for now it would get me going. He bought it used and ran it for one season. Said it worked good for him. What do you guys think of this machine?

Thanks
Justin

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
04-27-2008, 08:54 PM
At that price, it is a steal and grab it up. If you outgrow it in a couple of years, you can sell it for more than you paid for it.

PS It would be about a perfect size for your 2x6.

Haynes Forest Products
04-27-2008, 09:05 PM
Why cant you run sap thru the RO for a few hrs into a bulk tank and then start cooking. I dont think you have to cook it right away. Plus you cant be in all places at all times. Sounds like a great deal. I want it.

Justin Turco
04-27-2008, 09:26 PM
I was thinking about putting this RO right under my bulk 270 gallon storage tank (this is the one that feeds my evaporator). I'd have two fittings on the tank. One to feed the RO and one would be a return for concentrate. I'd fill the bulk tank with 2% sap. Turn on the RO. And build a fire in the evaporator. Between the RO (running it slow) in a circle and the Evaporator I'd easily remove 100 gallons of water per hour. When the Bulk tank gets low just top it off from my truck tank. I'd have to set up a tank for permeate. Any problems with this plan? Other than the fact that it won't auto shutoff when the feed tank gets low. I suppose if you were pumping it in a circle you could potentially raise the sugar content too high for the RO to recirculate if you didn't occasionally climb up there and check the sugar content.

802maple
04-28-2008, 06:17 AM
When we had to much evaporator for our R.O. that is basically how we did it except we recirculated out of the storage tanks until we got it around 8% then we would redirect to the feed tank at the same rate that the evaporator would process it and we would have our high concentrate.