PDA

View Full Version : HI

mapleman3
04-19-2004, 11:44 AM
Hi My name is Jim and I'm a Maple addict, it's been almost 3 weeks since my last boil, I am getting week, I only have 10 more quarts of syrup bottled up left and I'm going to bottle up 5 gals of bulk thats put away in the cellar.... help me to get through this, I should be out doing normal things like lawn work and all.
My name is Jim.... and I'm an addict.

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
04-19-2004, 11:58 AM
Hello, my name is Brandon and I think I am a worse addict than Jim. Work has been slow and I am on the Trader too many times each day. It has been 30 days since my last boil and I am making plans for next year and buying things to improve my operation and make syruping life a little easier.

Help, it is almost 10 months till I tap again and what can I do in the meantime. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, I guess we both need help, we just can't decide who needs it the worst! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mike
04-19-2004, 02:08 PM
. Hi, Im Mike! My last boil was 3 days ago and im still normal!!! :lol: :D . I have lots to do till next year also!!! Build another addition on the sugar house, finish off the inside, and get a new genarator.....Also have to put uppipeline for 300 more taps........I will be ready!!!!!

gearpump
04-19-2004, 05:16 PM
I think we are suffering from PMS. Post Mapleing Sydrome. I boiled a pot of macaroni for two hours last night. Then I added a 1/2 pint of syrup to my mac and cheese. I'm glad that I am not alone.

Marty

Al
04-19-2004, 06:29 PM
Sorry no time for Post Maple Syndrome. Shopping for a new truck. :D :D :D Leaning torward a Chevy extended cab because of the boys. Also looked at a nice Ford F-250. :D :D Made so much maple money I can get a new truck and put an addititon on my sugar house. I use Federal Goverment Budget rules. :D :D
Take care

mapleman3
04-19-2004, 06:50 PM
Now I know Mapleing got Al's Brain!!!!

Al
04-19-2004, 06:55 PM
Maple hasn't got my brain but it's got a good hold on my wallet. :D Remember non profit organization. :wink:
Later

mapleman3
04-19-2004, 07:31 PM
Well how come all those "non-profit" organization's CEO's are so darn Rich???????
I want in on that!!!

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
04-19-2004, 08:21 PM
Al,

Here's my 2 cents worth on trucks. I am not partial to any make or model as I don't buy trucks. I have handled thousands of material damage claims over the years and have seen and gotten lots of input on trucks.

If you are going to spend that kind of money, go with a Ford. I am not a Ford person, but they make the best trucks and will have better service than other models. Dodge and Chev both have more service problems than Ford and Dodge hasn't figured out how to build a good transmission yet.

Like I said, I don't own a truck and probably never will, but I have looked at tons of them over the years and have seen everything and there is a reason that Ford has been the # 1 seller for so many years. I like all three models very well and they are all really nice. Another great truck is a Toyota, the Tacoma and T100 are very good trucks! :D

Russell Lampron
04-20-2004, 05:59 AM
Hi, my name is Russ, I too am a maple addict. It has been 19 days since my last boil and I am having a hard time adjusting to regular sleep and time off. That won't last long though as I have to get ready for next year. Hope to see some of you at Bascom's open house, I am going on friday.

Russ

Times of sap and no wood are better than times of wood and no sap

Maple Hill Sugarhouse
08-21-2004, 03:23 PM
Hi-My name is Kevin and i hope to heck that sugaring season get's here soon so i can get my pants back on without bending ole Henry outta shape or better yet snapping him in half. it This has been a yearly occurance thats been happening for quite sometime now-With an approx. starting April 10th. of this year.