PDA

View Full Version : maple cream

MaplePancakeMan
04-19-2008, 10:22 PM
Can anyone tell me if i'm going to make cream after i heat it up can i transfer it to my kitchen aid mixer? or do i have to do it in the pain i heat it with? and whats the most appropriate way to bottle it?

emericksmaple
04-19-2008, 10:43 PM
We cook our in a pan on a turkey fryer burner (to save the stove) then tranfer it to a large ss pan that we place in the freezer to cool and then transfer it to our cream machine and we have no problem.

danno
04-20-2008, 07:24 PM
Once you transfer it - don't touch it further till is cools. Any air stirred into it before it cools is bad news. Either transfer it just as your taking it off the heat or just before you are ready to mix.

MaplePancakeMan
04-20-2008, 09:09 PM
Thanks, now how do you pack it, once it turns cream do you heat it back up and then pack it?

ennismaple
04-20-2008, 09:34 PM
If you've boiled it to the correct temp before cooling you'll have no trouble packing it - it'll be runny like liquid honey long enough. I packed 19 jars yesterday and the last was as easy as the first. If you've boiled it a bit too far (like 1 degree F) it'll set up a bit stif and be impossible to pack. If that happens you can put about a jar's worth in a bowl, add a little bit of syrup and put it in the microwave for 15 seconds or so. That'll soften it up enough to put in containers.

Maplepro
04-27-2008, 06:20 AM
well i know some people are going to say i am crazy and it won't be the first time i have been told that but here my take on maple cream if you want to make true cream(maple sugar) you should never transfer it if you are going to trasefer it don't do it untill it is cooled i have heard from alot of people who have had problems making cream and one of the problems is transfering it when it is hot it allows air to mix it will still make cream but not good cream..

802maple
04-27-2008, 10:43 AM
I make a fair amount of cream and I like to make it a little stiff to prolong shelf life or the separation that occurs if it is runny. When it is stiff just put it in the freezer over night and then take it out the next day and let it warm to room temperature and it will soften enough to put in a container.