PDA

View Full Version : Castors on evaporator

Maplewalnut
04-14-2008, 08:14 AM
Has anyone ever bolted castors on the bottom of their evaporator? I really don't want to secure the evaporator permanently since I use the same smoke stack for a small wood stove in the fall and winter when I am out there tinkering. That way I could slide the unit in and out as need be. Obviously I would need something rated for 1000+ lbs (2x6) and have locking castors otherwise I would just need to close in raised area from the bottom of the unit to the floor.

Comments

Thanks Mike

maplehound
04-14-2008, 09:26 AM
Mike, I have never put casters on but my arch is setting on a metal frame that can become a trailer. The wheels slide in just like a reciever hitch would. The same for the tongue of the trailer. The idea was that we where moving our whole set up out every year and using the sugar house as a picnic pavilion. We did a simular thing when we had our 2x6 unit and it worked fine but when I got my 3x8 we found that the whole thing was to much to rebrick every year and with the bricks in, it was just too much to move. Now we put up perminate walls on the sugar house and leave the arch sit. I am not sure if my picture link works any more but if it does then there should be some pictures of this on there.
Ron

cheesegenie
04-19-2008, 07:26 PM
Yes I want to have a way to move the unit also. I hate to tie up a building that
I need to store my tractor in,those other eleven months.I thought of castors,
but the weight would be too much , I think. My next idea is to make a couple
flat bars with the ends turned up, welded across the legs,that would be kind of a sleigh, then we
could slide it over with a crowbar or my two six foot 250lb sons.

Johnny Cuervo
04-19-2008, 08:21 PM
Hey Mike take a look at my pics, a friend of mine gave them to me and I just had to put them on. I only moved it once , but it rolled easy. Larger the wheel the easier it rolls.