PDA

View Full Version : "Meet, Mingle, Munchies and Maple"

Sugarmaker
04-13-2008, 07:42 PM
Maple Traders of Western PA. and Eastern Ohio Alert!! And any others!

We are planning a very informal get together for the first annual

"Meet, Mingle, Munchies and Maple"

(really, does it get any better than that??)

to be held some where near the Grove City outlet mall on I-79. We would like to select a restaurant, Something like Hoss's, Bob Evans ....and then reserve a room or tables so we can set together as a group, get to know each other, swap some stories and have a good meal.

Andy P had this suggestion and I will help as I can.

If someone has a suggestion as to the place send a P.M. Andy P or I.

Suggested dates are in early May and probably a Saturday evening with arrivals around 5:00. ( May 3 is not good for me since we have a wedding that day.)

I think we have four interested at this time.
Andy P and wife
Chris and Cheryl Casbohm
Jim Bortles and Family
and Gary R.

Regards,
Chris

Gary R
04-14-2008, 06:33 AM
Chris,

Thanks for keeping this alive:) . I look forward to meeting more Maple traders. I have plenty of questions and lot's to learn!

My better half will be coming also. There's now way I can go out to dinner with out her. I guess I keep her working in the woods to much;)

Jim Brown
04-14-2008, 07:05 AM
Chris; Depending on the date,you can count Darlene and I 'in' Let us know what date you pick

Jim

tapper
04-14-2008, 08:38 AM
I would like to attend also looks like a good time!

andyp
04-19-2008, 06:18 PM
For those of you who are interested, how does this sound? Dinner at Hoss's at the Grove City Outlets on Saturday, May 17, 2008 at 5:00 pm. If there are enough people going we can get a banquet room or they will put tables together for us if there is only a small group going. We don't need reservations but they would like to know 1 day in advance as to how many to set up for.
Looking forward to a great evening.

Andyp

tapper
04-19-2008, 09:56 PM
Ohhh darn. We are in North Carolina that week.

Sugarmaker
04-20-2008, 10:44 AM
AndyP,
May 17 seems good for Cheryl and I.
Jon would like to have you make it too. But always though to get every ones schedule to match. Any other suggestions for the date?

Chris

tapper
04-20-2008, 01:24 PM
It wouldn't be right for me to change the date for just one. I am not that excited about going to North Carolina for a week at that time because it is the start of my busy work season and it will be a major interruption. One evening with maplers would be way more fun than a week in NC with entire family.
I will keep an eye on the post in case the date changes otherwise everyone enjoy and if it's a success and you do it again next year I will look forward to that.

Father & Son
04-20-2008, 04:21 PM
Any date is good for me even if I work I'm done @ 3:30 (or earlier if needed)

Jim

Gary R
04-20-2008, 05:35 PM
It sounds good. We'll mark it down and keep an eye on the thread.

PATheron
04-20-2008, 07:07 PM
Chris- I would like to come and meet you guys and the date should work for me I think. Where is Grove City? Sounds like a lot of fun. Theron

Sugarmaker
04-20-2008, 09:03 PM
Theron,
Grove City is about half way between Erie and Pittsburgh on I-79. May be a haul for you?

Are you going to go to the PA State maple tour in early October? We are going to be in your neck of the woods and might be able to stop by?

Chris

PATheron
04-20-2008, 09:54 PM
Chris- Im not sure about the tour. I really dont know anything about it. If you come this way though your always welcome to stop by. I think I can make it to the supper. Ill take the day and go for a ride. Ill tell you what, Ill check the map and see how far it is tomarrow and let you know for sure. Maybe the maple tour would be a better opportunity to see your guys's stuff and meet up with you. Ill let you know tomarrow. Theron

PATheron
04-21-2008, 05:10 AM
Chris- I just talked to my dad. I think its just too darn far. Maybe if you could get me some info on the maple tour I can meet up with you guys then somehow or you guys are certainly welcome if you come this way to come to my place. Theron

Jim Brown
04-21-2008, 06:39 AM
Chris; Darlene and I think we can make it Count us 'in'

Jim

Sugarmaker
04-21-2008, 11:49 AM
Theron,
I will try to get some info on the PA state tour Oct 2,3 and 4th. near you. Join the Local maple association good folks there too!

Regards,
Chris

Sugarmaker
05-13-2008, 08:29 PM
We are still planning to meet at Hoss's near Grove City Outlet mall (near I-79)on Sat. May 17 at about 5:00 for dinner. All sugar makers in the North Western PA, North Eastern Ohio region welcome.

Not exactly sure where its at so if someone wants to post directions for us that would be great otherwise MAP quest it.

Regards,
Chris

andyp
05-13-2008, 09:35 PM
For all those maple traders planing to attend the dinner meeting at hoss's on Sat. May 17 at 5pm please let me know by friday. I will call ahead and reserve a table. You can post it here or send me a pm. Hoss's is located just off I 79 at exit 113 on the Leesberg Grove City road. It is right by the Grove City outlet mall. When you get there tell the hostess you want the maple table.
Looking forward to a great evening and meeting some wonderful people.

Andyp

Jim Brown
05-14-2008, 05:57 AM
AndyP; Darlene and I plan to attend
Thanks
Jim

Gary R
05-14-2008, 06:57 AM
My wife and I will be there. I'm going to PM a few other locals who may not have seen the post. Thanks for making this happen.

Maplewalnut
05-14-2008, 07:06 PM
Have fun all, wish I were closer. Getting the 2x6 with raised flue next weekend, would of loved to pick your brains for how to run the darn thing. Oh well, I'll figure it out!

Mike

andyp
05-18-2008, 06:03 PM
A big thank you to Chris, Cheryl, Jim, Darlene, Gary and Laura for a very enjoyable evening at Hoss's. It was great to finally meet some of the people we spend time with on the Trader. The food was good and the maple discussion was endless. Hope you all had a good time, I know we did. Looking forward to the next get together.

Andyp

Jim Brown
05-19-2008, 05:44 AM
Andyp; Thanks for setting every thing up. Was nice to meet maple folks and enjoy the great company!
Chris ;We will see you at the confection school in June

Thanks again Andy

Jim

Sugarmaster
05-19-2008, 09:41 AM
Please if there is anyone going on the Maple Tour in Oct Patterson Farms is on the list to visit. We hope to see you there. Let us know if you are on the Maple Trader and who you are. Would like to put faces with names. Have enjoyed reading the Trader this year.
Sugarmaster.

Gary R
05-19-2008, 07:48 PM
Dinner was a great time! AndyP taught us how NOT to chase cows, Sugarmaker had answers to my process questions and Jim Brown told us how he makes money in the syrup business:) Looking forward to next time.

Sugarmaster- I seen it somewhere but can't remember. What dates are the tour. I mentioned to the guys at dinner that October is archery season. That is the only thing I do for 6 weeks. But I have a camp near Kane. We sometimes hunt up there. Last year we drove to Ackley's in Westfield (couple miles from you) it's only 2 hrs. away. Thinking if schedule works out, it would be awesome to see an outfit your size. Thanks for the invite.

Sugarmaker
05-19-2008, 08:44 PM
Gary, Yea I took some quick notes from Jim also:) I need to get this operation in the black. All kidding aside Jim and family do a great job moving a lot of syrup! Dinner was great! I am not sure how I can get a set of wheels under my sugar house like Gary R? Andy P Thanks again!

Sugarmaster,
Cheryl and I plan to go on the fall PA maple tour this Oct. So hope fully we will see you there.

Chris

Jim Brown
05-20-2008, 05:38 AM
Chris/Gary; Marketing does not hurt and have three members of the family who know how to sell,located in three different parts of the country doesn't hurt either.
Great evening guys!

Jim

slammer3364
07-25-2008, 12:05 AM
hi would really like to attend fall tour , can you send me and my wife more info thanks alot slammer3364

Sugarmaker
07-25-2008, 05:11 PM
Slammer,
Contact for the fall tour is
Wayne and Peggy Clark
6 Heise Run
Wellsboro, PA 16901
Phone 570-724-4764
or email clarkwp@ptd.net

Tour is October 2, 3 and 4
Tours Friday and Sat

Chris