PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Creosote

MaplePancakeMan
04-12-2008, 12:43 PM
So i took the pans down after a nice acid soaking drained started power washing and everything was coming out of the inside fine. However i can't seem to knock much of the creosote off the flues and the likes. is there anything i can put on them to make em shine again.

Additionally it appears i have a little surface rust on there, which really surprises me because its stainless and i always take the stack off and cover it with plywood and tarps to keep most moisture out. And during the middle of the season there wasn't nearly as much as there is now. Any ideas?

Brent
04-12-2008, 02:58 PM
I think the pros on this site will have a better idea but I found Castrol's SuperClean did a good job last year on the bottom of the Half Pint.

I'm going to be doing the same job in the next few hours or days so a better idea would certainly be welcome

maple flats
04-12-2008, 04:27 PM
All I ever did was hose it off and I never got rust on the pans. The arch however does get some rust but not too bad. I am not yet cleaning my whole rig, just the pans because I will have Sunday-tuesday with upper 20's nites and mid 40's+ days, if the buds don't open by tomorrow I will boil again Monday-Wed or thurs, if the buds open tomorrow then I will finish my clean up.

danno
04-12-2008, 08:34 PM
Hey MapleFlats - check those trees close. I was quite surprised to see the size of our buds here from this past warm up about 30 minutes west of you.