PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Phaneuf Filter/Canner

thenewguy
04-09-2008, 12:29 AM
hey guys, just wondering if anyone else has a P.F. filter/bottler. I'm in the middle of ordering one and just curious to what everyone thinks of theres....his price was waaay better then my local dealer on one, the quality looks better too...just wondering if anyone else has one and how the like it

Fred Henderson
04-09-2008, 05:19 AM
I have a 16 X 16 from him. He does very good work . The only drawback on the canner is that the fitting for the valve is on the front vertical and the thermometer does not reach all the way to the bottom. I would have liked the valve fitting to be on the bottom. As it is now I have to tip it to get the last 3 qts of syrup out. I guess if I were to gat a longer stem thermometer that would solve one problem.

tuckermtn
04-09-2008, 08:13 AM
what fred describes is exactly what I have to do on my leader 16 x 16. Pain in the... Ask Patrick if he has come up with another way...

Fred Henderson
04-09-2008, 03:36 PM
I plan on taking mine to a guy and having it remodeled, Valve take off will be on the bottom. The reason its not done when its built is TIME involved doing it.

TapME
04-09-2008, 06:23 PM
Just a reminder that the Host of this site the maple guys deal in this equipment too. I think that one of the traders also makes equipment WF Mason.

Mike
04-10-2008, 11:06 AM
A cheaper way to can is to buy a one or two cone filter tank with a draw off and thermometer and use this to filter and bottle.....I used to use my two cone to filter but I use the filter press and fill the 22 gal tank up and heat to 185 and then bottle it......All i use is a propane burner off my turkey fryer to heat or reheat the syrup.....A lot cheaper and works great........Or use a turkey fryer to filter into then bottle from....Just my 2 cents worth....