PDA

View Full Version : Spout plugs

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
04-12-2004, 01:07 PM
I am curious how each of you plug off your spouts after the season and what kind of plugs do you use. I have always used the cheap soft spout plugs for my 7/16" spouts, but since I am converting to 5/16", do I need something different??

In the future, I am going to flush my tubing with my Tanaka sap pump and I am curious what kind of plug you can use to plug the taps as they become flushed good that won't get blown out of the tap by the Tanaka??

Parker
04-12-2004, 01:24 PM
The T for the drop has a reciver that the tap seats into and will not be blown off by the pressure of the tanaka, Parker,,, I T my air compressor into the tanaka line and with carful regulation of pressures you can get a pulsing, scrubbing action happening,,but it is more complicated than just the tanaka

mapleman3
04-12-2004, 01:47 PM
I ran clean water from my house through my bush this weekend to flush out.. the only places water was coming out was the darn chew holes from the squirells, but I had 60 psi and nothing blew off, all are on the drop tee's also, I will still go back soon (in spare time) and run a little bleechy water through and air as parker had said.

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
04-12-2004, 02:01 PM
I have lots of new or nearly new T's that don't have spout plugs on them??

What kind of spout plugs should I get for 5/16" spouts???

mapleman3
04-12-2004, 02:21 PM
you can buy drops pre made at shows for cheap, or I bought IPL spouts and the tee's for them.

Parker
04-12-2004, 06:55 PM
Brandon- the T's i got were like 20 cents,,,live a little and get the ones with the plugs built in,,,,Parker

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
04-12-2004, 07:06 PM
Remember, I am stupid when it comes to some of this stuff! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Will the 5/16" Leader tree saver spouts fit inside the Leader Tree Saver Spout Tee?? Those tees have nice little cups on them for spouts I assume, so since I am going to be putting up mostly new lines, I can buy plenty of those tees also??

Thanks in advance for the help. It is greatly appreciated!! :D :D :D :D

Parker
04-12-2004, 07:16 PM
I like the t's that have the tip that insertes into the hole in the spout , the ones with the cups seem to acumulate alot of shmegma over the summer and when you are tapping you have to clean them up or get it in the hole Parker

oldemaple
04-12-2004, 07:23 PM
Brandon, IPL makes a quick disconnect plug that fits the 5/16ths spout. That is what I use. They sell for 8 cents each in Bascom's catalog.

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
04-12-2004, 08:28 PM
Will they hold up to the pressure during washing the spouts and tubing??

oldemaple
04-13-2004, 08:22 AM
Brandon, the IPL plugs will stay in place during washing. They are a nice tight fit in the spout.

Steve

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
04-13-2004, 01:17 PM
Steve,

Thanks for all your help!!!