PDA

View Full Version : bernard double hanging up

PATheron
04-04-2008, 07:17 PM
Im having trouble with my releaser once in a while. The sap runs into the primary stage and wont drop down into the tubs. At first I thought it was an ice problem and I built a box over it and heated it. That fixed it I thought. Then I found it doing it at night once in a while when my regulator on my pump quit hissing and the vac went real high. I thought maybe the vac got high enough that the flapper in the tub was held fast with more vac than the weight of the sap would push. It just did it now at normal vac 26". If I haul off and whack the side of the releaser primary with my hand after a while it will go glub, glub, and then drain down into it and go back to working. Usually it doesnt do it. It normally works fine. Any ideas? I wonder if something isnt swapping over right. Thee(cuious bigsap zar)roon

Maple Hill Sugarhouse
04-04-2008, 07:27 PM
post edited

PATheron
04-04-2008, 07:37 PM
Kevin- When I look at the flappers just take my hose and spray out the inside? Theron

Maple Hill Sugarhouse
04-04-2008, 07:50 PM
post edited

PATheron
04-04-2008, 07:56 PM
That seems to be it too me. It only usually happens at night when the darn reg freezes up. Itll go to like 28 on the releaser. I have a gage on the pump and it usually shows slightly less than on the releaser. I like to run normally at around 26 on the releaser. The pump sounds nice and everything is good. The problem is like I said if my pump isnt regulated by the reg being froze up it will go way high. Can my system be at a higher vac level than the pump is providing?

Maple Hill Sugarhouse
04-04-2008, 08:04 PM
post edited

maplecrest
04-05-2008, 06:55 AM
when it is cooling down , the vac is cooling even more, look at the shaft of the float of the side hanging up and you will see frost on the shaft holding it up from going up as it fills. having same problem. seems to be a small leak there. i also noticed that one side has higher vac than the side i see the frost, when running normal. i put a heat tape around mine. seems to solve problem

Haynes Forest Products
04-20-2008, 11:24 AM
What works good is if you not near water is a new pump sprayer clean hot hot water when you go to collect sap spray it down when its running. I dont use any lube on mine and it works great. I think lube just lets dirt stick and build up