PDA

View Full Version : Venting pipe for evap.

briduhunt
04-04-2008, 08:46 AM
I know from my past HVAC background that for wood stoves the local requirements call for All Fuel (triple wall) piping. If my memory serves me the cost of this pipe is about $15.00/foot plus termination kits. I am putting to gether a material list for my new sugar shed (starting out small) and want to know if anyone is using something else than this type of vent pipe? I see that the manufacturers are selling single wall SS pipe for venting but I can not believe that the SS pipe is what is ran out the roof or out the side wall of the shack. Any info would be appreciated.

Brian

Ironwoods Farm
04-04-2008, 09:12 AM
I used 8" double wall SS. $100/3' section. Little pricey, but safe.

mapleack
04-04-2008, 10:50 AM
Almost everyone uses single wall pipe. You just have to be carefull about how close wood is to it. If you want to leave it up year round, you'll be able to get a completely weather tight seal by using triple wall. The real reason single wall gets used is that bigger evaporators have 12" or bigger pipe. I dont know if you can even get triple wall pipe that big, and if you could it'd break the bank!

Mike Van
04-04-2008, 12:25 PM
I built a brick chimney, I had the brick & sand, only had to buy the flue tile & cement. It was a good little project one summer, I'd never built one before. Works fine, 6x12 flue in it. Never have to clean it either, burns so hot.