PDA

View Full Version : cleaning lines

steve J
04-02-2008, 08:10 AM
What is the best way to clean lines. I have only 60 on line. and I have used a 2 gallon garden spray tank in the pass. I normally go to each tap and force water down thru it working my way back to the main line. But this year I had to replace some line due to mold that I could see inside it? so do you add anything special to the water? also do you leave taps hang for few days or plug the ends immediatly?

ennismaple
04-02-2008, 12:02 PM
Clean them ASAP. The longer you leave it the harder it is to get the crud out.

If you can, try pumping warm to hot water through from the bottom end. Cold water doesn't get it as clean but may be your only option if you're back in the sticks away from electricity. Your other option is to take the lines down, let them soak in warm water at home for a while to let the crud loosen and then blow them out with compressed air. For 60 taps it won't wake you too long. It used to take us 2 days to clean all our lines (after they were taken down) before we went to 4-seasons.

We're on vacuum so we suck hot water through each tap when we pull them and then suck 15 gallons of hot water through each section of mainline after all the taps are pulled.