PDA

View Full Version : end of the road?

super sappy
04-01-2008, 07:51 AM
I was alwayse told to stop boiling when the peepers start to sing.-FROG RUN- Well in the middle of last nite they woke me up they were so loud. There were 8 tom turkeys,behind the sugarhouse on full fan display for most of the day yesterday. I boiled last nite and made 5 gallons of dark-A , The fresh sap was real cloudy. _ss

royalmaple
04-01-2008, 08:32 AM
I have a slightly different approach to when to stop. I basically look at the weather, frogs, snow, water levels. Then throw that all to the way side and when I don't get anymore sap I stop!!

Last year when Jerry was down at my place boiling some crap 1% sap the frogs were trying so hard to give me a clue to stop that one hopped right in the front door of the sugarhouse and right under jerry's chair, NO B.S. either.

That one is on video.

802maple
04-01-2008, 08:44 AM
We just kicked his butt to the street and told him to go bother Russell.

mapleman3
04-01-2008, 11:35 AM
How bout when your out of wood or fuel oil..... that kinda helps make up your mind too ;)

danno
04-01-2008, 05:26 PM
I would have stopped last week - if running out of wood was the determining factor. Fresh load of black locust cured that. With the price of commercial - I'll keep boiling until the trees stop giving (which may be sooner than later).