PDA

View Full Version : Good Year

fred
03-28-2008, 07:07 AM
I Was Not Able To Tap This Year Due To Work Load But Everyone Ive Talked To Is Have A Great Year.one Guy Has Made Over 1800 Gal On 4000 Taps And Is Still Making Light. Taps Are Only 4 Weeks Old And Going Stong. Definitly Payed To Wait To Tap This Year.

Homestead Maple
03-28-2008, 07:18 AM
I'm just getting started here. It's been to cold and so much snow. It's snowing now. Gathered some sap last night though. I've never made syrup in May before. This might be the year.

tyrod2
03-28-2008, 10:00 PM
Well I have had a good a good year .All that is left to do is to bottle and clean up for next year. Most of my taps went sappy and the ones that are still running is not enough to keep going. I got 45-50 Gal. Lost count because at the beginning people wanted it before I got it bottled and I gave it to them in jars or what was handy.I had 40 taps on buckets and 150 on lines. A lot of hard work, but I love it. Looking forward to 2009 putting on moor lines and enlarging sugar house.

maplehound
03-28-2008, 10:56 PM
I pulled and washed my tubing today. It was my best year ever. I talked to other local producers and they are still going strong. I would too if I didn't have this surgery coming up as well as Vocational Reabiolitation to attend too.

Sugarbear
04-02-2008, 07:44 AM
We finished off last week.We made about 110 gal on 525 taps.Could of made 20 more but we had a trip planned for last weekend,and the wood pile was getting low.Going to finishing cleaning up and putting away today.It was a good year for us.