PDA

View Full Version : Divider Question

SeanD
03-27-2008, 07:08 PM
I still have one more boil for this season, but I can't help thinking about how I want to reconfigure my set up for next year. I'll probably add dividers to my 2 x 3 flat pan and two threaded nipples on either side of the last section to draw from. So I'll need openings in both ends of the dividers so that I can reverse the flow to draw from the opposite side.

My question is, how do people close off the openings in the dividers so that the sap runs the length of the section and heads to the intended opening at the opposite end? I'd appreciate any pictures too if possible.

Thanks,
Sean

Big_Eddy
03-28-2008, 12:52 PM
Fittings at front left and back right, 2 dividers, rotate the pan 180 degrees. The other fittings now line up and the sap flows the opposite direction. No need to alter the dividers if you use an odd number and put the fittings kitty corner. Did I miss something?

SeanD
03-28-2008, 07:31 PM
I'm not a big fan of having to swing the pan around especially if it's full of sap/syrup. It's just that I've seen pans with draw offs on either side of the last section, so I assumed there was a way to switch the direction of the zig-zag flow.

On further inspection though, I see these sections run the length of the pan so that you just change which side you add sap to and the sweet gets pushed the other way.

Right now I'm ladling things towards the front using steam pans as my "sections", so I've got that kind of movement on the brain. Thanks for the input.