PDA

View Full Version : filter press plate rust

Brent
03-25-2008, 06:19 PM
we picked up a used filter press and took it to the shop and cleaned it up nicely. Made a stainless drip pan for it and painted it all.

The plates, especially the waffle plates, looked very grungey so I put them through the dishwasher, they looked great when they came out put now show a little light rusting.

I was thinking of brushing on some vegy oil or a light spray with pam to prevent re-rusting when I clean them again, but I'm not sure that is the best idea.

Any suggestions from the experienced filter press crowd ???

NH Maplemaker
03-25-2008, 06:54 PM
Brent, vegy oil will work. That is what I do! Any time you let the plates set around they will do that! So I will spray them with Pam and rinse in hot water before using them. I also spray them with Pam when storing for off season .Cover the whole press with large plastic bag.

Jim Brown
03-27-2008, 09:44 AM
Guys If your press is on wheels or a stand you can buy a gas grill cover at wally world for $5.00 and it will cover it clear to the floor for storage. Ours is on wheels and we keep it covered when not in use..

Jim

NH Maplemaker
03-27-2008, 01:24 PM
Jim, that is a good idea !! Next time I'm in walley world I will Look at them.Thanks

Jim L.