PDA

View Full Version : candy vs syrup prices

mapleman3
03-25-2008, 02:56 PM
I saw in a past post from TheMapleKing with these percentages for pricing your syrup... and son of a gun if it's not right on with my pricing:)
Sell 1/2 gal at 60% of your gal price
sell qts at 35% of your gal price
sell pts at 20% of your gal price
Sell 1/2 pts at 15% of your gal price

Now what about pricing candy? is there a way to price it out??

cream, lollipops, nuts walnuts, and candy?

1/3 oz
1/2 oz
1 oz ect...
and what about packages? I sell 3- 1/3oz leafs for a buck in the sugarhouse in no special packaging.. I know it's too cheap. there must be a formula for all this.

I'm still a bit low on my gallons at $45 cuz I cant keep them on the shelf :) but couldn't see going up more than $3 this year... I will in the off season though!!

gmcooper
03-25-2008, 09:26 PM
I don't have a formula but here is what we did this year.

Moose lolli pops $1.25

2 1oz maple leaf candy $2.50
4 small leafs (1/3oz?0 $2.50

Gallons $45.00
1/2 gallon $25.00
quarts $15.00
pints $9.00
1/2 pints $6.00

I know some around here are charging $56 per gallon and $17 for qts.
I'm sure there are some lower as well.
Funny thing this year I thought we would move smaller sizes as we had a price increase. Instead we sold out of 1/2 gallons first and gallons second.
You never know
Mark

davey
03-26-2008, 03:26 PM
I'd love to hear more prices that people are charging as this is the first year we will be offering creams and sugars and I haven't a clue where to price them.
thanks
Dave

Sweber
04-02-2008, 09:14 AM
Do any of you guys sell wholesale? What are your prices or % off for this? We are in line with gmcooper's prices for the sugar house but we give 20% off the the local store. I know some people do 25% but I can't make any money that way. I know this may be considered "collusion" but who cares?

ennismaple
04-02-2008, 11:57 AM
I'd love to hear more prices that people are charging as this is the first year we will be offering creams and sugars and I haven't a clue where to price them.
thanks
Dave

I sell 250gr tubs of maple butter (cream) for $9 each. 1oz maple sugar we sell for $0.75 each.

Our wholesale price to the stores that sell our syrup is 25% less than the suggested retail price we give them.

Al Makwa
04-02-2008, 03:08 PM
Thanks Dave for your encouragement.The talk we had a week ago was great and informative ... the wife is really pushing for more syrup so we are still using the Turkey burner. Don't know for sure if we are at the proper consistency, (testing by the double drips) however it has been great on the pancakes. We are just down the road from you across from Chucks & Credit Union. Still looking for pointers and suggestions. Phone 6498

Sugarmaker
04-13-2008, 07:56 PM
Based on these prices we need to raise ours,
Currently at $40 per gallon.

Will take it up next season.

Although I did see a add in our local paper with syrup priced at $25 per gallon! Very good deal if it is good syrup!

Chris

maple flats
04-14-2008, 05:47 AM
$25/gal is bulk price. Some guys don't know they are giving it away. They do this just for a hobby and only want to cover their costs. I too was too cheap, $40 gal, $23 half gal, $13.50 qt, $7 pt, $4.50 half pt. These are all higher than last year, but should have been about 10-12% higher still. Especially since I am out of syrup even after making over double my previous best year. I am still finishing off in my front pan so i do not yet have an exact total, but it will be in the 185-190 gal range on 500 gravity taps. This may however get even better if the buds do not open today, tonight the forcast calls for 26 degrees and my sugars still had not opened as of yesterday, except my few reds that were pulled over 2 weeks ago, I still have over 400 taps that might run again. I am washing my tanks today, pulling the mains out to start dumping on the ground to flush some nasty out then I will put the mains back in and go for a few more boils. The forcast says 26 tonight and 29 tomorrow nite, my bushes are often a couple degrees colder than the forcast. I might conceivably hit 200 gal or more if this happens.

Jim Brown
04-14-2008, 05:48 AM
Hey Chris; I sent you a Pm

Jim