PDA

View Full Version : cross flow pan

03weim
03-15-2008, 08:05 PM
I am looking at building a new evaporator pan and was hoping someone could explain to me how cross flow pans work and post some pictures of there pans or plans on how to make a cross flow pan I am looking at making a pan that is 36x24 thanks for the help John

03weim
03-17-2008, 12:42 PM
can anyone give me any info on what they are using for homemade pans pictures would be great
thanks John

matrob
03-17-2008, 08:01 PM
I have looked into several types of pans recently. If you check out the Stainless steel creations thread or website, you will get some flat pan ideas. In my discussions with the local dealer, he suggested sticking with the flat, undivided pan. With the size you and I are looking at, there is not a significant advantage to dividing. The concept is that thicker, more finished sap will migrate to the end of the pan farthest from the sap inlet. I have decided instead to build two pans ( my unit is 27X72) and transfer the more finished sap to the front pan when it is farther along. This will allow for me to cook separate batches as the sap changes.

Anyone with other advice? I'd be interested in your opinions, as well.
Thanks,

Matt