PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin Insurance

Brad W Wi
03-10-2008, 03:14 PM
I'm wondering how many in Wisconsin carry any type of insurance on selling of maple syrup? I don't know if we need any or not?

maplehound
03-10-2008, 05:07 PM
If your anything like Ohio they will tell you to carry it but when you try to buy it look out. I have gone around and around trying to find a good way to get product insurance. It all is so expensive it would cost me more for one year than I get from all syrup sales for 2 years. I think that our local syrup organiztions should look into a group plan that we can all afford but so far they arn't listining. When I was flying model airplanes we where reguired to bleong to a national organization that insured all members to 2 milliion dollars. for any damage that our planes did. Those planes have killed people when they fly out of control but nobody has ever died of Maple syrup and still we can't get insurace.
SORRY BUT THIS IS A PET PEEVE OF MINE

Valley View Sugarhouse
03-10-2008, 05:32 PM
My insurance agent (also a friend) placed my homeowners under a mini farm policy, for $100 more a year it covered my sugarhouse, visitors, and the product I made.. Mytbe something to look at...

Andy