PDA

View Full Version : blower on 3x8 wood fired

doocat
03-09-2008, 08:47 PM
what direction should the air from the blower be going? Should it be sent in all directions, straight up, towards the front, towards the back or what?
I have a blower installed, it is about 550 cfm, and I am not sure if I'm putting the air in the right direction. I think I may be making syrup in the second or third run on cross flow? Any ideas appreciated?

maplehound
03-09-2008, 08:53 PM
ussually when you buy an arch with the blower already installed it is blowing in from the back of the fire box. then the draw of the stack pulls the air up through the fire and reverses the flow back through the arch and under the pans.

sweetwoodmaple
03-09-2008, 09:06 PM
Doocat - Check some of the other posts in the evaporator threads.

I am assuming you DO NOT have an airtight arch? I just put a blower on my 3 x 10. I way oversized mine, but the rule of thumb is about 3 cfm per square inch of stack area. (i.e. a 12 in diameter stack needs about 340 cfm)

Sounds like you are in good shape.

You will need to place bricks and maybe some insulation in the bottom to direct the air up through the center of the fire, with a slight bias towards the front doors. Again, check the other threads. This was discussed at length.