PDA

View Full Version : New Evaporator Arrives

Brent
03-09-2008, 07:19 PM
Well it looks like it is going to have been worth the wait.

I've just come inside from the beginning of the unload/move to sugar shack to post this. I have some pictures of it fully assembled in our shop taken earlier today. Later tonight I'll post them on our web site.

Just to give you an idea of what Patrick puts into these things, the syrup pan has 3 partitions. There has been some advertising and babble about partitions being welded continuously from one maker. Patrick goes a step farther. The partitions are folded up from the bottom. A nice smooth radius at the bottom of each, the partition therefore becomes a double wall, with a little diamond shaped crown on top. I didn't measure but I think the partitions are about 8" high. This is some cool rig. And a much more affordable price than anything else I looked at. Happy camper here.

More later.

OGDENS SUGAR BUSH
03-09-2008, 07:59 PM
Congratulations on your new pan, keep us informed on how it works

RICH

sweetwoodmaple
03-09-2008, 08:59 PM
Dennis - Congrats.

I have a finishing pan made by Patrick when he first was getting started and selling on Ebay. (got it for a steal)

The partitions you are talking about are exactly like D&G, who are in Montreal. Wonder why they look the same? Hmmm.... :-)

I have a D&G 3 x 10 model 700.

Russell Lampron
03-10-2008, 05:20 AM
Congrats Brent, just in time for the season. My Algier front pan is made like that too.

Russ

Sugarmaker
03-10-2008, 08:42 PM
Brent,
Yee HAW! New stainless! Have a great time setting it up and getting it tuned in. Just in time! You should be able to make some syrup within the next week.
Looking for the pictures.

Chris

andyp
03-10-2008, 10:54 PM
Brent
Congrats on the new rig and good luck. Hope you make many gallons of the sweet liquid gold with it.
Andyp