PDA

View Full Version : Prefered cleaning method

MaplePancakeMan
03-08-2008, 05:58 PM
Today i didn't realize my bypass valve on the filter press was open and i spilled some syrup on the floor. Whats a good way to keep it from being sticky, i did soap water etc. it just keeps staying sticky. Needless to say i'll make sure that isn't open anymore.

Fred Henderson
03-08-2008, 06:36 PM
Throw a shovel full of sand on it.

maplehound
03-08-2008, 10:00 PM
I have done the same thing many times. I ussually just dump a couple buckets of water on it, Prefeably hot. If you use the cold water try to use pressure from a hose. It is jsut sugar after all and will disolve in water.

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
03-09-2008, 10:36 AM
Hot condensation from the evaporator works really good and a little scrub or two it should come right up.

maple flats
03-09-2008, 11:41 AM
I haven't done that YET. I keep my bypass hose attached back into the container my filter press is drawing from. I use an old milking machine dump station funnel bottom ss pail with stand and have the suction hose hooked to the bottom and the bypass hose clamped over the top rim so it returns to this pail. As for clean up, hot water should do wonders.

HHM-07
03-09-2008, 02:30 PM
mpm

Don't stand sill in one spot very long , you might have to leave your boots right there HA HA!!!!!