PDA

View Full Version : taps are in in Hardwick

Maxfields Maple
03-07-2008, 05:29 AM
tapped mid week,need to get bigger storage container or boil more. ive got about 400 galons now from about 100 taps.Its going to be a busy weekend.I hope my little 2 by4 can keep up.Just added a blower, so maybe the gph will get a little better.Goto go empty again ....Dave

softmaple
03-07-2008, 08:14 AM
with our 2x4 we get about 17 gph firing every 5min and a small fan in front. its going to be a long weekend for all of us who boil on the weekends. good luck

mapleman3
03-07-2008, 05:16 PM
Hey Dave Glad things are starting.... Good luck on the season

Maxfields Maple
03-07-2008, 07:54 PM
Jim i hope the season goes well,been meaning to stop by and sey high but ive been straight out.I weighted to the last minute again,been running crazy all week long trying to get ready.I picked up and reset one of youre buckets ,On the corner by the church.Third time since you hung them.Coundnt stand seing that sap poring on the ground.The taps youve got dont have much of a lip on them.Well gatta get some shut eye.start boiling tomarrow about 5 to6 am.going to be a long day.....Dave

mapleman3
03-07-2008, 08:17 PM
Thanks Dave... that place never holds buckets.. not sure if it's the kids in the neighborhood. Thanks a bunch