PDA

View Full Version : Releaser seals

gmcooper
03-06-2008, 09:59 PM
My CDL horizontal releaser has a bad leak around the flapper that drains the sap. I put in new gasket last year but it never fit quite like the original. I had asked our dealer for all the seals for the releaser a while ago. Calling again in the am to find out if he ever got them in.

Has anyone replaced all the seals on a CDL releaser? If so where did you get parts?
Mark

maplecrest
03-22-2008, 09:04 AM
is it a 6000 releaser? i had one never could get it to seal up tight got rid of it.

Maple Hill Sugarhouse
03-22-2008, 06:48 PM
post edited

gmcooper
03-22-2008, 09:23 PM
I finally did get the seal. My dealer had called in the order to be shipped out next day delivery. After a couple days and no seal I did have to call Maple Pro office. Got some run around at first. Got rather ticked off and asked for some one higher up. They put Daniel on the phone and in a short time got the promise it would go out overnight. Lets just say it did go overnight but the delivery guy showed the time it was shipped. Lets say they did not rush to get it out.

On a positive note the seal did fit and does not leak. I had tried to match up one before but they were always off just a bit.