PDA

View Full Version : Tubing tool modifications

ennismaple
03-06-2008, 02:03 PM
My brother was complaining that his hands were bruised after installing 435 droplines in a day with our 2 handed tubing tool. (What a wimp!) I do agree that the ends of the handles can be pretty harsh on your palms depending on exactly how you work the tool. I was thinking about putting a piece of a tennis or squash ball on the end of each handle and holding it on with hockey tape. Has anyone modified any of their tools in a similar way or is their a better way to accomplish this?

Thanks.

mapleack
03-06-2008, 02:29 PM
Does your tool have plastic pipe over the handles or just bare steel? My original two handed tool is bare steel, but the the self adjusting one I bought later on has black plastic pipe molded over the steel to give a rounder grip.

powerdub
03-06-2008, 07:34 PM
Call me a whimp too but I put a length of armaflex pipe insulation on the handles of mine. Oh so soft now. It doesn't last that long but niether do I. (that is probably another story) Plus I have a lot of it anyway.

Fred Henderson
03-06-2008, 07:50 PM
I bought mine from leader and it came with nice soft rubber grips.

Pete33Vt
03-07-2008, 03:23 AM
We installed a couple lenthgs of clear plastic pipe. The kind used in dairy equipment. Works great and has yet to wear out..

ennismaple
03-07-2008, 12:06 PM
It's bare steel. I think a short length of pipe plus a bit of tape over the end should make it more user friendly.