PDA

View Full Version : Commercial outsider on our forum ?

Brent
03-05-2008, 08:39 PM
I saw the ad for the UV system for $200 on the equipment for sale part of the forum. The wording is exactly the same as what I saw on E-Bay or something like that. The member has just joined and has ZERO posts.

Is this allowed ????

There is now way a "real" 15 GPM UV system good enough for sap can be
$ 200. with a spare bulb.

jemsklein
03-05-2008, 08:43 PM
Aren’t the bulbs the most expensive part?

tuckermtn
03-05-2008, 09:00 PM
Brent- the post for the UV light is by Tim Meeah...he is an excellent sugar maker from Canterbury NH- and last I knew was not an equipment dealer...

actually glad Tim has joined on the trader as he has a lot to share...

might have just poached the wording from Bascoms catalog..

-tuckermtn

Brent
03-05-2008, 11:02 PM
Good news. Active sugar makers can always raise the level. It just looked funny. No signature with equipment, taps etc, no previous posts, but an ad that looked suspiciously like some of those frauds that pop up on E-Bay. Take a current theme and milk it. And there have been a lot of us griping about the costs of maple stuff.
Thanks for setting it straight

Welcome Tim, sorry for mis-interpretting.

Parker
03-06-2008, 04:10 AM
As tuckermtn. said,,Tim is a top shelf sugarmaker (wish I made his average) who puts a lot of time and effort into making a high quality product. I hope he spreads some of his knowledge here on the trader,,,,,,,,and that is ONE HELL OF A DEAL on that light,.,,,,,

Valley View Sugarhouse
03-06-2008, 07:09 AM
I went to Tims last week to buy some used drums from him, and he had the uv for sale.. I told him to post it here, and he had never heard of the board.. Man am I glad he decided to join us.. He has one beautifull place there..