PDA

View Full Version : Ice in NNY

troes30
03-05-2008, 07:26 AM
woke up tp about .5 to .75 inches of ice this morning. most of our 4500 taps are drilled but i imagine there will be some additional fixing now from fallen trees. how much ice did everyone else get and how are your woods looking. i hope its not like 95' here. some people didnt even tap that year. i was gonna work in the woods today but not now, just not safe. i heard a tree come down behind the house when i went out to start the truck this morning. has anyone heard any bulk prices yet? i still have about 300 gallons of dark left if anyone is interested. i need the drums so i gotta move it.

MaplePancakeMan
03-05-2008, 08:11 AM
That is ridiculous... i knew this was going to be a bad ice storm for some. Be careful and don't risk your life! Not even for syrup haha. Hope it doesn't ruin your season.

Fred Henderson
03-05-2008, 08:33 AM
We have not got any ice built up BUT that snow is very meally and hard to plow. I just looked out and now we are getting pounded with snow.

davey
03-05-2008, 12:40 PM
we have between an 1/8th inch just south of me to a 1/2 just east of me. We seem to have gotten around 1/4 inch here just east of Rochester NY. I'll check the woods later today. We are having a snow day for school and I don't think I'll go into the sugarbush, let alone take my 6 year old into it until the ice finishes breaking things today. The trees around the house look pretty good and undamaged though so I'm hoping for the best.

troes30
03-05-2008, 06:18 PM
trees around the house have been breaking all day. i drove by two of our woods today however and it wasnt as bad there...as bad. hope for the best i guess. I know its not as bad as in the past but bad enough. i'll get in the woods tomorrow and finish up the 2nd woods, then just one to go. i'm too old for this...

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
03-05-2008, 08:25 PM
Ice, that is about the worst feeling when it comes to sugarin as there is nothing you can do about it.