PDA

View Full Version : First time tap line

wanabe
03-31-2004, 07:46 PM
Hi Guys just wondering what I need to set up tap lines for next year. I have a 2x8 for next year and dont want to spend all the time walking around to empty buckes. I have two side hills on my property that will support around 150 to 175 taps and be able to collect right from my parents driveway. What do I need to get (eg) main line, taps, I'm not sure what else Thanks jeff

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
04-01-2004, 05:17 PM
Jeremy,

I use the Lamb blue connectors with the four 5/16" inlets for my mainlines. Are those ancient and are there better things than those??

They seem to work good for me, but maybe there is something a lot better??

powerdub
04-01-2004, 06:19 PM
The only thing I have found with the blue lamb fittings is that after about 3 years they become brittle and the inlets break off usually during the sugaring season. I have since thrown out about 50 of those things and have gone with both styles that lobsta has told you about. I prefer the "turtles" as he calls them. I have had to move main line in the past and with the saddles you either have to leave them and cap them or cut the main line and insall a coupling. I find it quicker to throw a plug in the turtle and leave it.