PDA

View Full Version : Eden under way

syrupmaker
03-04-2008, 09:15 AM
Tank is set, lines are repaired(lots of chewings this year) and tight, Roys got the bug to add more this year so we started stringing our own little grand canyon to "T" into the mainline at the tank. Little Richard and I plugged in 160 Sunday afternoon and things looked like they were ready to take off, hope to be done with jury duty by Wendsday and hook up more for the next warm spell.
Checked the tank Monday night after work and had nothing. The old I thought you hooked it to the tank trick. Darn ROOSTER, Not sure how much we would have had, kinda hard to tell with it puddled up on the ground. Well I know we'll be ready for the next batch now.

Rick

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
03-04-2008, 05:17 PM
Rick,

Great to see ya back at it and on the trader.

mapleman3
03-04-2008, 07:42 PM
Well well well, guess ya got my message huh ;) glad your back on the trader and with an update too... Hey get crackin... the sap is HERE !!!!

themapleking
03-05-2008, 06:37 PM
Hay Rick Not to bust your balls. But I got 2300 gals sunday threw monday moning when it stop running at 4:30 am. So that should give you an idea on how much you lost.

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
03-05-2008, 08:24 PM
Ok, Joe, don't get at Rick too hard, just glad to see him back on here!

maplegate
03-10-2008, 08:44 AM
So Rick is it underway? How many trees are you tapping this year in all.
Did the label get changed yet? I would love to here how its going there this year.

Peg
in sunny Payette Idaho sap flowing great here 55 day and 25 at night

syrupmaker
03-10-2008, 09:20 AM
Hi Peg, another year of hurry up and wait. Cold here now with no warm up until at least Wendsday.Tapped around 200, might add a few more on buckets as always. Roy is heading to Vegas so it looks like this weeknd will be our 1st fireing with just rooster, myself and the kids. The kids(little ones) can hardly wait. The ask everyday if today is the day to boil? The big kids,all they want to do is ride snowmobiles. Still need to run the wire and fire the vac and do a leak check but that can be done in an hour or so. Great to see your still checkin up on us all on the trader.

mapleman3
03-18-2008, 08:29 PM
Well Rick how bout another update???

syrupmaker
03-24-2008, 12:38 AM
As of yesterday we hit the 20 gallon mark,wood running low,might make it till Wendsday. Had good intentions of boiling today but momma had other ideas with the family.

syrupmaker
04-07-2008, 01:15 PM
All done for the 2008 season, pulled taps yesterday, Dad and Roy finished last Saturday boiling. Used up every last stick,twig or pallet they could find with in 20 yrds of the shack. Totaled out to 33.5 gal. finnished. Not including what the kids tipped over sledding into(about 2.5 gallons lost) Uncovered the 3 x 10 and started planning on set up of that. Yes beer and bs'n were together again.