PDA

View Full Version : Algiers evaporator

doocat
03-31-2004, 05:37 PM
I'm thinking of purchasing a new Algiers evaporator. Either the Thrifty 2x66" or a 2x6. Does anyone have any experience with these rigs ro with the Algiers company in general? Thanks

WF MASON
03-31-2004, 06:12 PM
Algier makes a fine evaporator , completely welded , the arch is well made , heavy cast iron front , and in particular the grates are much thicker cast than other companys.

mapleman3
03-31-2004, 07:41 PM
Plus our Hosts the MapleGuys are an Algier Dealer... and also making their own line... talk with Chris...

Russell Lampron
04-01-2004, 06:18 PM
doocat,

I have an Algier 2x6 evaporator and I love it. 8) When I compared it to other 2x6 evaporators it was the best one for the money. The firebox is bigger than the Leader / Grimm firebox, the grates are alot heavier and the float boxes on the front pan sit below the arch rail about an inch so you can push down on the float and get some sap in there fast if you need to. I added a preheater steamhood to the flue pan last year and I consistantly boil at 35 gph and get 40 out of it when I can pay close attention to it. The price was also a nice feature, It cost about the same as replacement welded pans for a G.H.Grimm. :wink:

Russ

Times of sap and no wood are better than times of wood and no sap